2.12.2013

Cafe Rio Chicken & An Update, Sorta...

Well, well, well... look who finally decided to resurrect herself. Me! I'm happy to report that this behavior is no longer accepted. I was also very happy to see that I had 5 new comments when I logged in! I love all the support!
The good news is that I have A LOT of recipes to catch up on. I've taken thousands of pictures just waiting for a little blog love.
I also got a new camera and have been playing around with it. So my pictures should [hopefully] improve. Look at me, all grow'd up!

On to one of my all time favorite recipes from one of my favorite restaurants! Alberta got it's first official restaurant from the oh, so popular Mexican delicacy they call Costa Vida; it's in Airdrie. And I've been there twice already, over an hours worth of a drive! I'm pathetic! But I've also made my own renditions of their recipes to enjoy in the comfort of my own home without the road trip. You've seen some of my earlier posts on them. So here is a delicious recipe my cousin gave me for Cafe Rio Chicken crock pot style! YUM.


Ingredients:
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1 bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing
1 pack of ranch dressing mix
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt and pepper to taste (optional)

Directions:
In crock pot, add Italian Dressing, pack of ranch dressing mix, water, cumin, and chili power. Whisk until combined. Add chicken breasts. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours. Remove chicken breasts and shred with two forks. Should be so tender you barely have to do much shredding. Serve on tacos, burritos salads or come up with your own recipes! Saves well and easily feeds a family of 4! Enjoy!

Source: Cousin Adrian

1 comment:

Pin it!