4.23.2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

{love me some pineapple}
You know how sometimes you just have weird cravings? Some things just sound really good. That's what lead me to making this super yummy cake. I was dying for pineapple upside down cake, and I was so happy when it turned out perfectly! I'm constantly cooking and baking things, however not everything makes it on to the blog. Mmm but this cake is truly amazing. I am so proud of myself! And it totally hit the spot!
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 (8 oz) can pineapple rings, cut into fourths
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla


Directions: Preheat oven to 350F. Place 1/4 cup butter in a 9x1 1/2 inch round cake pan. Place pan in oven until butter melts. Stir in brown sugar. Arrange pineapple in brown sugar. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and ginger. Add milk 1/4 cup softened butter, the egg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Loosen sides of cake, invert onto plate. Cool for 30 minutes, serve warm.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, 15th Edition (Better Homes & Gardens Plaid) 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE pineapple upside down cake! I used to make a recipe just like this all the time, only I'd add maraschino cherries in the middle of the pineapple circles and it added an extra bit of color.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it!